- *IN STOCK*
- JuJu Menstrual Cup
JuJu Menstrual Cup
JuJu is an Australian-made, flexible, reusable menstrual cup. It is made from 100% medical-grade silicone and replaces tampons and pads.
JuJu Menstrual Cup is:
- environmentally friendly as there is nothing to throw away
- economic as it can last for many years, saving you money
- comfortable, reliable and free from leaks and odours
- convenient, compact, collects more than a tampon or pad and can be worn for up to 8 hours
- does not contain additives such as dyes or fragrances
- won't cause vaginal dryness
- hygienic, easy to clean and disinfect
- ideal for women who are active and for those who travel or play sports
How do you use JuJu? JuJu Cup is folded and inserted into the vagina where it opens, creates a seal and collects menstrual flow. It is removed, emptied, washed and re-inserted every 8 hours (or as often a required for a heavier flow). After each cycle it is disinfected and reused during the next menstrual cycle.
JuJu is available in four models:
Model 1: recommended if you are under 30 and have not given birth
Model 2: recommended if you are over 30 or have given birth
Model 3: recommended if you have a high cervix or long vaginal canal
Model 4: recommended if you have a low cervix or short vaginal canal
While there are no hard and fast rules for selecting a size, model selection is generally based on childbearing history. Many other factors, such as anatomy, age, and pelvic floor tone may also influence your cup size selection. Please see Product Specifications for information on how these factors may influence your model selection.
Each order for a single JuJu Cup will include:
- 1 Menstrual Cup - your choice of Model 1, Model 2, Model 3 or Model 4
- 1 Satin Storage Pouch – randomly selected Blue, Green or Pink
- User Guide
Please note - we cannot accept returns or exchanges on JuJu unless it is in the sealed box it comes in with the seal intact.
- Model 1: 65mm L x 40mm D
- Model 2: 69mm L x 46mm D
- Model 3: 78mm L x 40mm D
- Model 4: 50mm L x 48mm D
- Model 1: 16ml (22ml)*
- Model 2: 25ml (33ml)*
- Model 3: 22ml (28ml)*
- Model 4: 23ml (32ml)*
* Volume measurement to holes (to brim) Model / Cup Size SelectionWhile there are no hard and fast rules for selecting a size, model selection is generally based on childbearing history. Many other factors, such as anatomy, age, and pelvic floor tone may also influence your cup size selection.1. Primary factors: Childbearing history, age, and cervical positionThe following is a guide to selecting a suitable model:
- Model 1: Under 30 years of age and have not given birth
- Model 2: Over 30 years of age or have given birth
- Model 3: For a high cervix or long vaginal canal
- Model 4: For a low cervix or short vaginal canal
This is only a guide. Many women who have had children will still be able to successfully use a Model 1, and vice versa. So, please also consider the other factors below in conjunction with childbearing history and age.2. Cervical position
- Your cervical position may also influence your selection of the model number and/or your ability to successfully use a menstrual cup. Your cervix may move at different stages of your cycle, so it’s a good idea to check your cervical position at the beginning, in the middle, and at the end of your menstrual cycle to get a good understanding of your overall cervical position.
- To determine your cervical height; wash your hands, then insert your index finger into your vagina to locate your cervix. Your cervix is a bump, which feels a bit like the end of your nose, but is shaped like a donut. Thoroughly wash your hands.
- If you consistently feel your cervix sitting just inside the vaginal opening or when you have only inserted the tip of your finger up to your ‘first knuckle’ (or the bend in your finger just below your fingernail), you most likely have a low cervix and a Model 4 JuJu Cup may be the most suitable for you. The Model 4 JuJu Cup is better suited to shorter vaginal canals as it has a shorter body and stem when compared with other JuJu Models. Please only choose this model if you are sure you have a low cervix throughout your cycle as the removal of this cup may be more difficult if you have a normal to high cervix. In most cases, the Model 4 JuJu Cup is not recommended for young girls or virgins.
- If you are unable to reach your cervix or need to insert your finger past the middle bend in your finger before you can feel your cervix, you most likely have a high cervix and may like to consider the Model 3 JuJu Cup. The Model 3 JuJu Cup has a longer body, which makes removal easier for women with a high cervix and longer vaginal canal.
- Some women experience a loss of pelvic floor tone due to hormonal changes and/or age. In this case, a Model 2 may be a preferred choice. A Model 4 should be considered if there is a loss of pelvic floor tone in conjunction with a low cervix.
4. Virgins and young women
- A Model 1 is recommended for virgins and sexually active young women.
- A Model 3 is recommended for virgins and sexually active young women with a high cervix/long vaginal canal.
5. Pelvic floor tone and exercise
- If you have good pelvic floor tone, practice regular Kegel exercises or other activities, such as Pilates, yoga or dance, you may wish to consider a Model 1 regardless of your childbearing history and age.
- If you have had corrective surgery, such as vaginoplasty or perineoplasty, you may want to consider a Model 1.
- A Model 3 is recommended for women who have good pelvic floor tone in conjunction with a high cervix.
- If you have lost some pelvic floor tone and have a low cervix, you may wish to consider a Model 4. This Model should only be chosen if you are confident with removing a menstrual cup and are sure you have a low cervix.
- If you have a petite or small build, you may wish to consider a Model 1 JuJu.
- If you have a larger build, you may wish to consider a Model 2 JuJu.
Warnings & PrecautionsConsult a GP prior to using this product if you:
- have any health, medical or genealogical concerns
- are using an Intrauterine Device (IUD)
- have experienced Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS)
Do not use this product during sexual intercourse. This product is not a contraceptive and will not protect against pregnancy, nor will protect against sexually transmitted infections or diseases (STI/STD). This product must not be used for post partum bleeding, following a miscarriage or a termination. Never share this product with another person. Always read the label. Use only as directed. Discontinue use of this product and consult a GP if you experience any adverse side effects.
We offer FREE shipping, flat rate shipping and local pick up options to make it easy for our customers to receive their fabulous things.
FREE Shipping Option
Our best shipping options (we think!) are FREE shipping for all orders over AU$150 to Australian addresses and for all orders over AU$300 to NZ addresses.
Flat Rate Options
If you’re ordering 1-3 items that are less than $150 total, we have a flat rate of $9.95 to anywhere in Australia and $12.95 to NZ.
For 3+ items under $150, select the Large Parcel option during checkout. A Large Parcel to Sydney Metro is $15, to non-Sydney metro addresses and NZ addresses is $25.
Local Pick Up Options
To save on postage, we offer unique local pick up options where customers are able to collect their orders from our team’s homes or businesses. We’re adding new locations throughout the year and our current locations are:
FREE Pick Up
- Mount Kuring-gai